The Real Food Festival is a joyful celebration of the wonderful variety of food that Sunshine Coast producers, manufacturers, retailers and restaurants have to offer, and a unique opportunity to talk to, taste and buy from them.
With stalls, demonstrations, discussions, hands-on and other activities throughout the weekend, the Festival has something for everyone and is a great way to support the best of Sunshine Coast regional food.
The Festival will feature more than 100 stalls showcasing good local foods and related products.
Six venues will keep you entertained and informed:
- The Real Food Kitchen, sponsored by Kunara Organic Marketplace, features cooking demonstrations showcasing the skills and passion of our talented Sunshine Coast chefs (with a couple of guests).
- The Food for Thought venue, sponsored by the University of the Sunshine Coast, is where you can hear experts speak about important food-related topics, such as the connections between diet and health, the sacredness of food and how peak oil will affect our local food economy.
- Our Nourishing Ideas venue, sponsored by Jeffers Market, is the place to go for conversations about a range of topics related to diet and health. Ask questions, tell your story or just sit back and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.
- The Food Craft venue, sponsored by Buderim Ginger, is where you’ll learn tips and techniques to turn you into a kitchen whizz.
- Our Kitchen Garden venue, sponsored by Forage, is where the primary production and grow-your-own action is – here is where you’ll learn all about growing the best quality food at home.
- The Little Sprouts kids area is about fun activities that germinate a life-long passion for good food. We’ve got baby animals, puzzles, games and (of course) face painting and a jumping castle.
And you can enter our major prize competition for a luxury package worth more than $1,500, which includes accommodation and meals at either of two multi-award-winning Spicers properties: Clovelly Estate in Montville, and Tamarind Retreat in Maleny.
We’ve got entertainment throughout the weekend with some brilliant street performers, and Show Bags full of deals and offers, not to mention a great bag to re-use at your local farmers’ market.
And all for only $20 entry (kids under 16 free) – please note it’s cash only at the gate and sorry, no dogs and no smoking within the Festival site… See you there!